A great video from the Waking Up Now blog. As the author says:
I’m sure all politicians careen between saying what they believe and spouting whatever crap will get them elected. But it seems like Republicans have adopted a universal strategy of popular deceit, and if they speak truth it’s only by coincidence. Here’s the pattern I’ve seen:
- Toss out a slew of outrageous lies.
- Watch for one to capture the public’s imagination.
- Turn it into jargon (”death panel”) that sticks in voters’ heads.
- Step back from the lie when it’s debunked, and craft a milder (still dishonest) version. But keep the original jargon.
- Repeat as necessary. Debunkers eventually move on to tackle some new lie, leaving the last version in place and the jargon established.
Robtish hits the nail on the head with his observations, and this little gem is priceless.[youtube:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_IAN081P8I]