- Stepping Into The Confederate Statue Debate https://t.co/Xut2PSgZ0M https://t.co/TOYd6nMt4d 19:03:03, 2017-08-20
- Datz on #Yelp: So we have now been in the bakery twice (haven't tried the restaurant yet), and for the life of me, … https://t.co/PPIwkbyAN7 17:52:08, 2017-08-24
- Thai 5 Fast Food on #Yelp: We have eaten here a number of times. Talk about a place where everybody knows your name… https://t.co/QFzcQLpls3 18:22:17, 2017-08-24
Well, I suppose it won’t come as a surprise to anyone that I’m going to step into the debate about Confederate statues. It has obviously become something of a lightening rod after the incidents in Charlottesville, VA last weekend. I am seeing what too often happens, and it started with Trump’s tweets. There is this effort to try to claim there are two-sides to this, and that everyone is at fault, so the White Supremacists are not at fault…or something like that.
False Equivalency of “Two Sides”
Let me be right up front. To compare the two sides in this debate is a false equivalency of the highest order. The counter protestors in Charlottesville did not show up carrying clubs, armed to the teeth with high-powered firearms, and wearing body armor. They didn’t beat anyone, let alone any black people, as some of the racists protestors did, and they most certainly did not deliberately drive a car into the crowd…something that would be an act of terrorism if the driver had not been a white male.
- Weekly Twitter Digest https://t.co/zmzXd46oer 18:30:50, 2017-08-05
- So Lay bought a car here today. Deal was negotiated over phone. Just test drove at 5:45. 8:45 and just doing… https://t.co/2HMqlTXfP2 19:41:47, 2017-08-10
- Dinner with Mom (@ Bridges Barbecue Lodge in Shelby, NC) https://t.co/426N8JwDUZ https://t.co/g13CTbFaD8 18:35:44, 2017-08-11
- Late breakfast. (@ Nicki's Omelette & Grill in Tampa, FL) https://t.co/n4ihRHg9iO 09:47:51, 2017-07-29
- Having shrimp and crawgish (@ Tasty Cajun in Tampa, FL) https://t.co/5YZb9oib1y 18:10:08, 2017-07-29
- Weekly Twitter Digest https://t.co/xzbBq8RAa7 18:31:22, 2017-07-29
- Dinner at a regular spot on a rainy afternoon. (@ Thai 5 in Tampa, FL) https://t.co/KHTQJYKtpG 15:42:17, 2017-08-02