- Weekly Twitter Digest https://t.co/AmG13176ei 18:31:20, 2016-11-05
- Cherry Family Chiropractic on #Yelp: I went to this office based on Yelp and Google reviews, but was very disappoin… https://t.co/NYT5Q4LmXy 10:19:38, 2016-11-11
- Finally went to the Dr. yesterday for my leg. Thinks it is a Baker's Cyst. Here for x-ray (@ Rose Radiology) https://t.co/gd1uPwX7bp 10:29:26, 2016-11-11
- Happened in after they just re-opened after a remodel. (@ Ph? Quyên Vietnamese Restaurant in Tampa, FL) https://t.co/eFlqQz3QjI 16:12:06, 2016-10-29
- Weekly Twitter Digest https://t.co/4iIfFFIplx 18:31:09, 2016-10-29
- Heading to D.C. for a few days. (@ Tampa International Airport – @flytpa in Tampa, FL) https://t.co/3k4GhyYmVN 06:25:42, 2016-10-31
- Ready to get home. (@ Washington Dulles International Airport – @dulles_airport in Dulles, VA) https://t.co/GlBt8ynkrn 19:35:44, 2016-11-03
- Just completed a 0.73 mi walk – Very pleasant cool morning. Stopped to speak to neighbors several times. https://t.co/QzLug24dPE #Runkeeper 08:09:27, 2016-10-22
- Lunch (@ Saigon Deli in Tampa, FL) https://t.co/Iuw6JELdYi 09:56:49, 2016-10-22
- Weekly Twitter Digest https://t.co/VNsweqazug 18:30:41, 2016-10-22
- Lay's mouth was numb from a dentist visit yesterday, so Taco Tues today. (@ Acapulco Mexican Grocery in Tampa, FL) https://t.co/RWuhNe9Lk3 17:19:29, 2016-10-26
- Had to bring Lay's dad. Keeping him overnight. Kidney issue. (@ St. Anthony's Emergency Center & Patient Care Tower) https://t.co/PJb1mM7s89 19:54:06, 2016-10-28
- One of Lay's favorite lunch spots. (@ Saigon Deli in Tampa, FL) https://t.co/rVSeUJzZKd 09:48:36, 2016-10-16
- Bridge of Spies – A Movie Review https://t.co/tx8VqN7X05 https://t.co/OQlIHfq6bM 18:00:55, 2016-10-17
- N.C. Governor Pat McCrory – Douchebag of the Day https://t.co/JcwnTymAJF https://t.co/O6Ne2R3ky9 18:40:35, 2016-10-17
- It's Taco Tuesday, so of course we're eating here. (@ Acapulco Mexican Grocery in Tampa, FL) https://t.co/EPzoBSMhwa 17:20:31, 2016-10-18
- The Tuskegee Airmen – A Movie Review https://t.co/QwCxRC8Jzx https://t.co/MtJRNKZLs5 19:03:37, 2016-10-18
- Big Ray's Fish Camp on #Yelp: I believe they have only recently started staying open for dinner. I hadn't gone for … https://t.co/k9hUIJc0hX 18:42:49, 2016-10-21
During the Second World War, a special project is begun by the US Army Air Corps to integrate African-American pilots into the Fighter Pilot Program. Known as the “Tuskegee Airman” for the name of the airbase at which they were trained, these men were forced to constantly endure harassment, prejudice, and much behind the scenes politics until at last they were able to prove themselves in combat.
Director: Robert Markowitz
Writer: Paris Qualles (teleplay), Trey Ellis (teleplay), Ron Hutchinson (teleplay), Robert Williams (story), T.S. Cook (story)
Stars: Laurence Fishburne, Allen Payne, Malcolm-Jamal Warner, Courtney B. Vance
Runtime: 106 min; Rated: PG-13; Genre: Drama, History, War; Released: 26 Aug 1995
We watched this movie Sunday night. I know it’s been out forever, and we’d intended to watch it back when released, but just never did. It was on Amazon Prime, so I pulled it up.
There would be a lot of reasons for giving the Douchebag of the Day award to North Carolina Governor Pat McCrory (or as I like to call him, Governor McSquinty). HB2 would be one of the biggest, but you could also include his complicity with the rest of the Republicans running things in Raleigh in dismantling a once great system of public education. You could add on the fact that he’s bought and paid for by his sugar daddy, Art Pope, but we get to combine HB2 and natural disasters for this one.
A couple of weeks ago, as Hurricane Matthew was churning its way up the east coast of Georgie and South Carolina, bearing down on North Carolina, where it ultimately did the most damage, McSquinty was doing what he does best, and whining at a party of bigots.
During the cold war, a lawyer, James B. Donovan is recruited by the CIA and involved in an intense negotiation mission to release and exchange a CIA U-2 spy-plane pilot, Francis G. Powers. The pilot was arrested alive after his plane was shot down by the Soviet Union during a mission and stays in the company of a KGB intelligence officer, Rudolf Abel, who was arrested for espionage in the US.
Director: Steven Spielberg
Writer: Matt Charman, Ethan Coen, Joel Coen
Stars: Tom Hanks, Alan Alda, Mark Rylance, Domenick Lombardozzi, Victor Verhaeghe, Mark Fichera
Runtime: 142 min; Rated: PG-13; Genre: Drama, History, Thriller; Released: 16 Oct 2015
Lay wasn’t feeling great, so after going out to grab a bite, we came home and watched this from Amazon, and we both enjoyed the movie a great deal.
- Weekly Twitter Digest https://t.co/CiGnurnKR7 18:31:26, 2016-10-01
- Preparing for Matthew – Round 1 https://t.co/infn1w9Jc4 https://t.co/UnKZJ1GjKy 15:59:59, 2016-10-06
- Having dinner, then heading by the airport to pickup a rental van for this trip to Pennsecola. https://t.co/Yv56iRZhCM 17:17:48, 2016-10-07
So, I’m pretty sure everyone knows Hurricane Matthew is bearing down on Florida, and then on to Georgia and South Carolina. The current forecast track kind of lets North Carolina off the hook. It’s been, and remains, a pretty devastating storm, having already wiped out Haiti, and now battering the Bahama’s. In case you missed it, a christian activist has already blamed Matthew on Orlando Pride, which is this weekend (Oops, postponed due to the storm). Just thought you should know.
Note too that this plot has it becoming a tropical storm and circling back towards Florida next week. Hence the designation of “round 1.”
The last little storm we had come through Tampa knocked out power in the neighborhood about 4am that morning. Fortunately we were back on around Noon, so it wasn’t too bad. However, we realized that, for the first time, we were pretty unprepared. We found one working flashlight in the house, and couldn’t even find a working lighter for candles. On top of that, the very nice generator I bought a few years back wouldn’t start.
- Weekly Twitter Digest https://t.co/YBarko9euZ 18:30:55, 2016-09-24
- Last meal here. They are closing at end of week. Sorry to see them go. (at @spaghettiwh) https://t.co/4zR6j7qplO https://t.co/2upORBnMxg 17:40:31, 2016-09-28
- Hybrid Standup Desk https://t.co/Pj8JN6bUwP https://t.co/0SNXVWocFG 10:43:50, 2016-09-30
- Sorry had moved to the car and token had expired. 17:06:41, 2016-09-30
Some of you may know I had a bit of DVT scare (deep vein thrombosis) over Labor Day weekend, and spent 5 hours that Monday in the ER waiting on an ultra-sound. While there wasn’t a clot, it scared me enough to think about how much I sit at the desk and the problems that causes.
I know a popular thing now are these standup desks, and there are regular TV advertisements for a big thing that will life your monitor, keyboard, etc. when you want to stand at your desk. My desk isn’t really amenable to that big thing, and it looks more like it’s in the way than anything else, but I knew I needed to do something.
The monitor already sits a little high on my desk, and I tested it standing up and viewing it. With just a bit of tip back, it is a pretty good angle for standing. So, I just needed to elevate my wireless keyboard and mouse. I started looking on Amazon, and found a small adjustable height table on rollers, and first thought that was a good solution, and I suspect it would be. But then I found this “Laptop Desk.” I think it is designed mostly for working while in bed or sitting in a lounge chair or something, I thought I might be able to use it for my hybrid version of a standing desk.