Here are the links to some of Deep Something’s favorite websites:
1000 Awsome Things
- A great blog with a daily uplifting reminder of things we should be thankful for. Often thoughtful.
Haters, Idiots, and Just Crazy StuffThis is where I lump blogs I keep an eye on. These are run by bigoted people and/or organizations bent on rolling back legal protections and rights for gays, women, and anyone else they can put in their sites. Tread here cautiously.
- The website for the Southern Poverty Law Center designated Hate Group, the National Organization for Marriage. This is an organization spending millions of Catholic (and maybe Mormon) dollars to thwart the advance of gay rights across the nation.
Lfiestyle and Gay RelatedThis category includes blogs related lifestyle and particularly gay related topics.
- Gay political issues taken on by some poltical insiders and operatives.
Good As You
- Good As You represents a new generation of GLBT activism. Now is the time for intelligent, progressive-minded individuals to step up and fight for the common rights of which they might be denied. We're here to rally the troops.
- The commentary and opinion blog of communications professional, civic journalist and activist Matt Comer. InterstateQ.com brings you serious, insightful and in-depth discussion and commentary on the important local, state and national political, religious
Joe. My. God.
- Very current LGBT related news from a NYC perspective.
Pam's House Blend
- The blog of Durham, N.C. based LGBT blogger and all 'round rabble rouser, Pam Spaulding...always steaming.
The Bilerico Project
- The Bilerico Project is the web's largest LGBTQ group blog with dozens of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and genderqueer contributors. Known for intelligent political and cultural commentary, the site's carefully selected contributors have he
The Full Feed from HuffingtonPost.com
- An online community of people wriing on a broad range of topics.
The Raw Story
- Raw story is a leading on-line source for breaking news from all categories.
The Smoking Gun
- A general collections of news stories you might not find elsewhere. The mug shots section always offer some laughs.
ReligionReligion is a frequent topic on this blog, and should not be confused with Christianity.
- Theologian and Academic William D. Lindsey keeps his eye on the Church, especially the Catholic one.
- This website is a reflection of a former Methodist Pastor's ongoing search to discover what it means to live a holy life: to love God, to love others and to learn from Jesus Christ. Whatever such holiness is, it needs to be woven into the fabric of everyd
Dan R. Dick
- Selections from United Methodeviations by Dan R. Dick
Eruption of Hope
- With the internet communication happens quickly and too often messages are passed over or quickly buried in the avalanche of new information. This blog hopes to gather and remember those comments, messages, articles and thoughts that have been shared and
Faith and Theology
- A blog by Australian Theologist Ben Myers
Hacking Christianity :: Rev. Jeremy Smith
- Musings on faith, technology and culture, and paying special attention to matters of the Methodist Church.
- The home page of an author with the tag line, Trying God's Patience since 1958. John Shore takes a humorous look at society and religion.
- Blog of an ordained United Methodist elder, a mom of two amazing girls, a committed community activist, a writer of long books and short essays, a teacher of astoundingly smart/cool students. The title of this blog is just a fancy way to say that grace ma
- Dan Dick is an ordained minister of The United Methodist Church serving in Extension Ministry as the Director of Connectional Ministries for the Wisconsin Annual Conference.
TechnologyBlogs related to technology, on-line privacy and law, etc.
- Technology related news and product reviews.
here's the thing
- here’s the thing is a safe, friendly place to get help and advice about technology and gadgets—specifically, the gadgets you use every day.
- A website with tips and tricks for getting through life. While not exclusively about technology, it definitely concentrates on how to make technology work for you.
- A blog about search, search skills, teaching search, learning how to search, learning how to use Google effectively, learning how to do research. It also covers a good deal of sensemaking and information foraging.
Signal vs. Noise
- A weblog by 37signals about design, business, experience, simplicity, the web, culture, and more. Established 1999 in Chicago.
The WordPress Community
- WordPress, along with powering this blog, powers a huge percentage of the websites of the web. This is site for discussions about the program.