- New post: Weekly Twitter Digest http://t.co/h0c0Uryrij 18:31:06, 2015-06-20
- Weekly Twitter Digest http://t.co/h0c0Uryrij 18:31:08, 2015-06-20
- Loading up for our weekend trip to Toronto. (@ Tampa International Airport (TPA) – @flytpa in Tampa, FL) https://t.co/4IH6xQ8Srx 09:20:34, 2015-06-26
- Why can't some engineer figure out how to make the A/C work on planes that cost millions of dollar's? And now we're delayed. GREAT 09:24:59, 2015-06-26
- New post: National Box Cutter Association http://t.co/AEpai9cFeb 11:27:29, 2015-06-26
- National Box Cutter Association http://t.co/AEpai9cFeb http://t.co/JTs9ClTeyZ 11:27:36, 2015-06-26
- Twelve hour delay, nothing but misinformation, and no consideration for the mechanical delays on direct fkt to Toronto. #aircanadasucks 19:53:15, 2015-06-26
- I'm a very frequent flier. Used to delays / issues, but never seen anything like the cluster Air Canada was today in Tampa. #aircanadasucks 19:57:06, 2015-06-26
- Still here 12 and a half hours later. #aircanadasucks (@ Tampa International Airport (TPA) – @flytpa in Tampa, FL) https://t.co/o7joJXq9HH 21:03:47, 2015-06-26
One has to hand it to the National Rifle Association (NRA), no one is better at controlling the narrative. Take any mass shooting, and the blood won’t be dry at the scene, but they will have already set the narrative in motion to blame the victims for not being armed themselves. They have created a vocal membership instilled with abject fear that they are just moments away fandom being attacked themselves, and through being able to buy more guns, and carry them in more places will they be safe. Never able to understand that the only thing creating the remote the possibility of them being victims is their own insistence of more guns in the hands of more people.
The argument will always be that “guns don’t kill people, people do.” But they never acknowledge that gun violence and murders by guns are only increasing in this country, in proportion to the number of guns sold. Never mind their other meme about how gun laws won’t stop criminals from using guns. In a Facebook conversation following the included graphic, I’ve kept asking, was Charleston shooter Roof a criminal or a legally licensed gun owner? The ammosexuals on the thread simply refuse to answer the question.
- New post: Weekly Twitter Digest http://t.co/sUIvu11ygC 18:30:50, 2015-06-13
- Weekly Twitter Digest http://t.co/sUIvu11ygC 18:30:51, 2015-06-13
- Just completed a 0.90 mi walk – Had to cut it short. My back has been killing me this week. http://t.co/LLEKIubY12 #RunKeeper 07:06:25, 2015-06-14
- New post: Another Cause of Homosexuality Unveiled http://t.co/OQ6ZIHn0oa 16:19:41, 2015-06-14
- Another Cause of Homosexuality Unveiled http://t.co/OQ6ZIHn0oa http://t.co/O8ywziF2uT 16:19:43, 2015-06-14
- Check out this awesome shirt http://t.co/qs1kz9vqkk — Oh what the heck, why not? I ordered one for me and one for a friend. 09:28:40, 2015-06-15
- Post Edited: Another Cause of Homosexuality Unveiled http://t.co/OQ6ZIHn0oa 13:12:28, 2015-06-15
- New post: An Open Letter to Franklin Graham http://t.co/FvwbQQxzwe 15:16:28, 2015-06-15
- An Open Letter to Franklin Graham http://t.co/FvwbQQxzwe http://t.co/xTNTSQemxt 15:16:29, 2015-06-15
- Post Edited: An Open Letter to Franklin Graham http://t.co/FvwbQQfYEG 18:57:47, 2015-06-15
- New post: A Brief Comment on Rachel Dolezal’s Story http://t.co/bCA88PtJVU 09:04:45, 2015-06-16
- A Brief Comment on Rachel Dolezal’s Story http://t.co/bCA88PtJVU http://t.co/z6Gmy6SyXT 09:04:47, 2015-06-16
- Picking up lunch. (@ China Taste in Tampa, FL) https://t.co/eYHPmwWQTc 10:07:25, 2015-06-18
- Late dinner. (@ Ph? Quyên Vietnamese Restaurant in Tampa, FL) https://t.co/O5CB0mtGuF 20:34:12, 2015-06-19
Note: I realize this a controversial topic, and I want you to read the entire article before jumping to conclusions. I haven’t formed much of an opinion about this. Mostly, I just find the broader topic of “labels” interesting, and that’s what I want the discussion to be around. I’ve tried to frame it in the best way I can.
Talk about one’s 15 minutes of fame. This Rachel Dolezal has created quite the discussion, and perhaps it is a worthwhile discussion. Dolezal has taken on cosmetic changes to aid her in passing as a “black,” (which is the term I think she stated she prefers), and has chosen that label for herself. Shouldn’t I be OK with that?
I can’t know her lived experience, as it’s not mine. I’ve never felt a need to be a race different from the one I understand myself to be, but what is that really. Are these labels that should carry this much weight? In a perfect world they shouldn’t make a difference, but perhaps they do represent a heritage, a community, and a lived experience. My experiences as a gay person comes to mind. It will be great when, someday, the label makes no difference in how others perceive or judge me. At the same time, as we’ve grown more accepted, I notice the diminishing of that community, and I miss it. (Maybe there’s just a bit of subversive in me.)
It’s time we had a little talk, you and me. I know this whole idea that gay people (and all the LBT rest of them) might be starting to get some equal rights bothers you tremendously. I can’t figure out any sort of leap of logic that makes this such a big issue for you, unless, of course it somehow affects you directly.
It won’t affect your ministry. You’re still free to pray to whichever god/s or goddess/es you’d like, in whatever way you choose, and when you’d like. You can attend whatever church, temple, mosque, or other holy place you want on whatever day you choose. You can crawl into the pulpit of that holy place and say whatever awful and ugly things you want to say about your LGBT brothers and sisters, and any misogynistic thing you want about women. Even free to do some poverty shaming too. Yep, still free to do all that.
You “ministry” still gets to hire and fire whoever it wants, based on whatever criteria you select, because it is a religious organization.
The ability of gay people to marry really doesn’t have any impact on the ability of straight people to marry, but I know you already know that…you just can’t some up with a better argument. Gay people marrying doesn’t really affect your marriage, as best I can tell, unless you want it to. Like if you’ve just been waiting all this time to come out once you can marry whoever you’re sleeping with on the down-low. I just don’t know how it negatively impacts your life, so that’s the only conclusion I can come to. The idea of gay sex and marriage is so appealing to you, that if normalized, you think every straight man, you included, will convert. (If that happens Frank, you let me know. That could be a problem, so I’ll help you work out a solution.)
I used to have a series of articles here listing the causes, advanced by many crazy people, of what causes homosexuality. It included such things as peanut butter, orange juice, and of course Teletubbies (I’m not kidding), amongst other things. I don’t know what happened. It appears the site lost a number of posts between 2006 and 2011. I’m trying to find an old backup to see if I can recapture those. In the meantime, we’ll start the list all over again with this doozy.
Based on a comment in response to a Facebook post, ” There are those who think it is a side effect of some childhood immunizations or combinations thereof.”
This has to be one of the most unique I can think of. Let’s start with a number of problems with this, from the most recent working back into time.
First off, I thought immunizations caused Autism, not homosexuality (sorry, I had to get that snark in). That’s been the most recent ridiculous claim about immunizations. Those anti-vaxxers will take great offense to someone trying to co-opt their cause celeb.
- Just completed a 1.80 mi walk with RunKeeper. Check it out! http://t.co/db8tg9r5mK #RunKeeper 08:57:07, 2015-06-06
- New post: Movie Review – Interstellar http://t.co/rpi2HlqwwX 16:07:38, 2015-06-06
- Movie Review – Interstellar http://t.co/rpi2HlqwwX http://t.co/2POwp10dYb 16:07:41, 2015-06-06
- New post: Weekly Twitter Digest http://t.co/XoPKLTpwy5 18:32:29, 2015-06-06
- Weekly Twitter Digest http://t.co/XoPKLTpwy5 18:32:30, 2015-06-06
- At Lay's new favorite place. I'm doing their prime rib special. (@ La Septima Cafe in Brandon, FL) https://t.co/mCnx2xml1Y 19:05:40, 2015-06-06
- New post: Movie Review – Ex Machini http://t.co/7WN7G9TlPx 19:52:25, 2015-06-06
- Movie Review – Ex Machini http://t.co/7WN7G9TlPx http://t.co/5iOWczdHyT 19:52:28, 2015-06-06
- Just completed a 1.48 mi walk with RunKeeper. Check it out! http://t.co/pkV6zQNJdE #RunKeeper 08:07:56, 2015-06-07
- New post: Movie Review – Mad Max: Fury Road http://t.co/tnFhpnGXqG 11:15:26, 2015-06-07
- Movie Review – Mad Max: Fury Road http://t.co/tnFhpnGXqG http://t.co/QyXsfcM8hp 11:15:31, 2015-06-07
- New post: Movie Review – Fox Catcher http://t.co/Mz6SqsCs2L 11:52:27, 2015-06-07
- Movie Review – Fox Catcher http://t.co/Mz6SqsCs2L http://t.co/QVYJTGKAWy 11:52:30, 2015-06-07
- Late dinner after Lay got off. (@ Ph? Quyên Vietnamese Restaurant in Tampa, FL) https://t.co/qWEejWkQL2 20:16:39, 2015-06-12
Based on true events, Foxcatcher tells the dark and fascinating story of the unlikely and ultimately tragic relationship between an eccentric multi-millionaire and two champion wrestlers. When Olympic Gold Medal winning wrestler Mark Schultz (Channing Tatum) is invited by wealthy heir John du Pont (Steve Carell) to move on to the du Pont estate and help form a team to train for the 1988 Seoul Olympics at his new state-of-the-art training facility, Schultz jumps at the opportunity, hoping to focus on his training and finally step out of the shadow of his revered brother, Dave (Mark Ruffalo). Driven by hidden needs, du Pont sees backing Schultz’s bid for Gold and the chance to “coach” a world-class wrestling team as an opportunity to gain the elusive respect of his peers and, more importantly, his disapproving mother (Vanessa Redgrave). Flattered by the attention and entranced by du Pont’s majestic world, Mark comes to see his benefactor as a father figure and grows increasingly dependent on him for approval. Though initially supportive, du Pont’s mercurial personality turns and he begins to lure Mark into an unhealthy lifestyle that threatens to undermine his training. Soon du Pont’s erratic behavior and cruel psychological game-play begin to erode the athlete’s already shaky self-esteem. Meanwhile du Pont becomes fixated on Dave, who exudes the confidence both he and Mark lack, knowing that these are things even his money cannot buy. Fueled by du Pont’s increasing paranoia and alienation from the brothers, the trio is propelled towards a tragedy no one could have foreseen.
Director: Bennett Miller
Writer: E. Max Frye, Dan Futterman
Stars: Steve Carell, Channing Tatum, Mark Ruffalo, Sienna Miller
Runtime: 134 min, Rated: R, Genre: Biography, Drama, Sport, Released: 16 Jan 2015
Yes, I am still catching up writing my reviews. Me and Lay watched this on Amazon Streaming over a month ago. Well worth watching. There’s not much to criticize.
An apocalyptic story set in a stark desert landscape where humanity is broken, and almost everyone is fighting for the necessities of life, especially water. Within this world exist two rebels on the run who just might be able to restore order. There’s Max, a man of action and a man of few words, who seeks peace of mind following the loss of his wife and child in the aftermath of the chaos. And Furiosa, a woman of action and a woman who believes her path to survival may be achieved if she can make it across the desert back to her childhood homeland.
Director: George Miller
Writer: George Miller, Brendan McCarthy, Nick Lathouris
Stars: Tom Hardy, Charlize Theron, Nicholas Hoult, Hugh Keays-Byrne, Josh Helman, Nathan Jones, Zoe Kravitz, Rosie Huntingon-Whiteley
Runtime: 120 min; Rated: R; Genre: Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi; Released: 15 May 2015
We watched this at Britton Plaza Theater a couple of weeks ago. I was surprised at how much I actually liked it. I was set for the disappointment that sequels usually bring. However, Mad Max: Fury Road is a visually stunning masterpiece by George Miller. It’s been 30 years since Miller’s last project: the last of the original Mad Max films, starring Mel Gibson. It delivered exactly what it promised.
Caleb, a 26 year old coder at the world’s largest internet company, wins a competition to spend a week at a private mountain retreat belonging to Nathan, the reclusive CEO of the company. But when Caleb arrives at the remote location he finds that he will have to participate in a strange and fascinating experiment in which he must interact with the world’s first true artificial intelligence, housed in the body of a beautiful robot girl.
Director: Alex Garland
Writer: Alex Garland
Stars: Domhnall Gleeson, Corey Johnson, Oscar Isaac, Alicia Vikander
Runtime: 108 min, Rated: R, Genre: Drama, Sci-Fi, Released: 24 Apr 2015
Me and Lay saw this at AMC at Westshore Mall about two weeks ago. It was kind of a last minute decision, but was well worth watching. We both found the movie intriguing and thought-provoking.
- Just completed a 1.29 mi walk with RunKeeper. Check it out! http://t.co/TmIWz6CDpK #RunKeeper 09:10:55, 2015-05-30
- New post: Weekly Twitter Digest http://t.co/Qqe4Ai1SaD 18:32:00, 2015-05-30
- Weekly Twitter Digest http://t.co/Qqe4Ai1SaD 18:32:02, 2015-05-30
- Just completed a 1.43 mi walk with RunKeeper. Check it out! http://t.co/C9WypiSWXG #RunKeeper 07:09:43, 2015-06-01
- Just completed a 1.43 mi run with RunKeeper. Check it out! http://t.co/AISDiLF6dV #RunKeeper 06:48:45, 2015-06-02
- Just completed a 1.42 mi walk – Nice morning. http://t.co/SbZNjpVp9y #RunKeeper 07:11:58, 2015-06-03
- Just completed a 1.40 mi walk – All the rain has these exploding. http://t.co/0MBVuKoKeM #RunKeeper 07:21:33, 2015-06-04
- Late dinner with Lay. (@ Salem's Gyros and subs in Brandon, FL) https://t.co/pL8KH8mDzK 20:30:23, 2015-06-05